Monday, October 06, 2014

Cypriot Delight

My brother and sister-in-law just had a holiday in Cyprus, and brought back the folks a box of Cyprus Delight. They haven't opened it yet, but I am agog to know what Cypriots delight in as opposed to what delights a Turk.

What delights me is unexpected bench spotting, and Cyprus turned up this one, apparently doing duty as the breakfast sideboard.

 The board with the circular depressions is not connected.

 Nice wooden tail vice; nothing of great remark.

Another tail vice on the other end? Seems to have been added on, and isn't very convinced about staying that way. Now who or what purpose would want a tail vice at each end? 

Too bad they didn't get a shot of it front on, but I'm encouraged by getting the family as well-trained as this. Perseverance pays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alice,

    looks like they cut off the scandinavien shoulder vise and refitted it 90° as a left hand tail vise. These....

    Cheers Pedder

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.