Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Rose By Any Other Name

99.95% of the world's spokeshaves have never and will never shave a spoke in their entire existence. Channel 4 television manages to show one actually being used to shave a wheel spoke, and the voiceover identifies it as... a rounding plane.

Don't mind me. I'll just be over here, expressing my pointless frustration at the never-ending failure of the media to get anything right by hitting my head against a wall in a repetitive but hopefully soothing motion for a week or two.

P.S. Hah! Bet you thought I'd missed this month, right?

P. P. S. If I never hear Guy Martin utter the word "graft" ever again it'll be too soon.

N.B. This has been a blog post to indicate the continuing failure of my demise. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. I like to bang my head against the wall because it feels good when I stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The padded wall in this cell just doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

    Stephen Ruddock
    New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Guy Martin's delivery (can't place his accent) but you have to give him credit for getting to grips with so much handiwork. I think he's being groomed to be the next Fred Dibnah. I enjoy the programme - it's a refreshing change from so much dross!

    P. S. Good to see you posting again

    Evergreen

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.