Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Electric Sheep

Question Box:

Q. Can I use any types of wood for draw boring, or is oak essential? (P.S. Find the blog occasionally satisfactory, but could you stop deleting all the Russian spam? How else am I to find new sources for my vodka habit?) Mrs Ivy Trellis, Pant-y-grdle, North Wales

A. Well, Ivy, it really depends on the situation. I'd say, quite firmly, that in the case of a parrot perch - for example - oak is absolutely essential. If you can't get ironwood. Or maybe jump straight to solid steel...

Bless him, Bertie's doing his best, but it's a lot easier to chew the softwood round the peg, than the sturdy peg itself. The question was once famously posed "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" I couldn't say - future generations will have to answer that one. However, I suspect this could be the sort of thing wood has nightmares about:


Be afraid. Be very afraid. Bertie is right behind Roy Underhill in believing trees are evil and must be punished. One bite at a time...

1 comment:

  1. That's a brilliant shot of Bertie, Alf. Could I borrow him to grind out a tree stump in my garden, please? By the look of that beak, it would only take him about 15 minutes I reckon....

    Evergreen

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.