Thursday, August 05, 2010

Square-eyed woodworker No.4

In our occasional series of "Never mind the plot, what's that tool there?" I give an unexpected sighting in the new BBC series Sherlock (episode two, The Blind Banker).


Yes, a cameo role for Axminster's very own - an old APTC ADE1100, if I'm any judge. Lacking waste sack and any sort of hose. Think that's a Dremel on the table as well, but they get everywhere. Anyway, I don't know enough about the restoration of antiquities in museums to really comment on this, but surely a HVLP extractor is all wrong? Wouldn't a fine dust extractor such as the one in the background make more sense?

Of course, plotwise, I was probably supposed to have been spotting the entirely un-tool-related item on the table behind him in the next shot. But a woodworker has their priorities...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.