Friday, October 31, 2008

I Still Aten't Dead

Yes, I'm making like Granny Weatherwax, and metaphorically putting a placard round my neck to reassure anyone wondering; I am still in the land of the living, as hale and hearty as I ever am (but lets not go into that...) and totally without any woodworking activity to blog about. 

The pile of unopened woodworking magazine subs and catalogues continues to grow; side rebate and skew rebates remain unopened in their boxes. Please don't throw things over the latter, I beg you. I'm well aware that it's extremely galling to read such news if you're counting the days to Christmas and hoping that Santa will do the decent thing and leave one or other of same under the tree and not a pair of socks and the Top Gear Best Driving Songs CD - if you're lucky. Old Tool list emails are being deleted unread and I'm barely logging in to any forums at all; so after making the effort last month, I've contrived to drop right out of the loop yet again. In short, it'll be open to debate as to whether I can call myself "woodworker" at all at this rate. Ho hum.

At some point I must update on the rusty chisel situation and some excellent customer service from Matthew at Workshop Heaven. But I'm saving that to prove I'm still breathing next month...

11 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are still in the land of the living ;-)

    Now get those boxes open, PDQ, because you'll love those skew rebates.......

    Cheers :-)

    Paul Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Paul on knowing your still with us, and ditto on those skewy wabbits too!
    Vinny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm - should we wait to send the next box then???

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alf

    Good to hear you haven't forgotten where the "on" button of your PC is.

    Evergreen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Al
    Sounds like you need to do a "workshop tidy-up" to get yourself back in the spirit of things.
    Look after yourself,
    Philly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats good to know. We don't need to worry about you for ages :-)

    Mike Corsham

    ReplyDelete
  7. See how many of us still stop by, just in case? When you're ready, we'll be ready.

    Pete W

    PS: When you do die can I have your saws?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you Alf.
    Really missed your "can do" attitude and zany humour. You sure you aren't an Aussie?
    I check in regularly for a little dose of Alf.....
    So it doesn't have to be about woodwork only ya kno............
    Love ya work......
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alf,

    Really glad that you and your whit are still on this side of the grass. Hope that things are well and hope that you and yours are fine.

    Best,

    Archiphile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes... I opened mine.. You open yours.
    (I haven't used mine yet, but you can make your own mind up on that one! )
    Velcommen bach!

    Regards,

    Boyo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, I would like to commission a medium sized trunk, preferably from well seasoned Sapient Pear wood.

    ReplyDelete

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.