Tuesday, June 21, 2005

LIke buses, you wait for ages and then two come along at once...

Apologies to the comment contributors on the "Angst" post; I decided to lob it into the great big dustbin in the sky. I know I'm a hopeless worrier. You know I'm a hopeless worrier. But I'm damned if I'm going to be archived as a hopeless worrier...

If you've followed the link below, or otherwise read the tote thread, you'll know there seems to be a concensus I was rather brave to do it. To be honest I didn't think much of it - until this evening. I decided to make a little progress towards something similar for the BUS* and bored a few potential blanks (yes, more than one. I know my limitations all too well). Well the hole drilling went fine, but cutting the angle...? First one, I'd forgotten I'd put the bolt in the hole to test for the required height and whizz, bang, I sawed right through it. D'oh! Second one I sucessfully sawed off the carefully counterbored hole. Double D'oh! Third one seems to be okay and I got as far as cutting the recess at the bottom, but I decided to call it a day before tiredness made me do something even more stupid. Note to self: leave drilling and tapping the plane for when you're fresh and rested...

*Bevel Up Smoother

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.