Thursday, February 17, 2005

Shall we have...?

Note to self: Self, don't ask people what they want, just make what the heck you damn well like and they'll be suitably impressed anyway 'cos people are like that.

Alas, too late. I asked the dreaded question of my folks; what would you like for your Golden Wedding anniversary? This is in August btw, so I should probably have been thinking a bit further ahead than this. It's not like there hasn't been 50 years warning... I tentatively suggested a pair of side tables for the living room and showed a few examples. Mmm, maybe. But could they have that beading there, but not those legs and they need to be oblong not square and... Urgh. So here I am thinking of a few options when I let mum see a Barnsley desk in F&C. Ooo, says she, I like that. Suddenly she wants a desk while the old man is still thinking side tables. Meanwhile I'm thinking "hey folks, I need to get on and order the timber!" Oi vey. Probably my best hope is they're both still hale and hearty for their Diamond...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Owing to vast quantities of spam this blog is getting, I'm afraid only registered users can post. All comments are moderated before publication, so there may be some delay. My apologies.